Monday 1 November 2010

Defying Gravity



Maria here. Violet is otherwise engaged! Watching Hi-5 whilst eating a biscuit!

Hope you had a fabulous Halloween? I'm definitely still in a wicked witch mood!
Which inspires me to write about one of the favourite things in my life - WICKED.

My absolute favourite song from the musical is Defying Gravity. It's literally the highest point of the whole show and the lyrics inspire me.

... I hope you're happy?
I hope you're happy now.
I hope you're happy how you've hurt your cause forever?
I hope YOU think you're clever!
.....
And so I can't imagine how,
I hope you're happy right now...

...
Can't I make you understand?
You're having delusions of grandeur:
..
I hope you're happy now that you're choosing this,
I hope it brings you bliss...

And if I'm flying solo
At least I'm flying free
To those who'd ground me
Take a message back from me

Tell them how I am
Defying gravity
I'm flying high
Defying gravity

And soon I'll match them in renown
And nobody in all of Oz
No Wizard that there is or was
IS EVER GONNA BRING ME DOWN!

No comments:

Post a Comment